Whatever you believe about money, it is indisputable that money and human beings are inseparable. But its damn hard to find. Therefore, do yourself some justice and spend it well. There are factors you have to keep in mind if at all you want to be a better spender.
Here are a few things to help you spend money wisely
- You need to come up with an inclusive budget, one that portrays both the income you generate and your expenditure. Make sure you include all your monies from whatsoever sources. Your expenses should not override your income.
- Consider listing all your expenses however minimal they could be. One thing to note at this stage is that every penny counts. The list should include the money you remit monthly, semiannually or even yearly. Insurance premiums, car maintenance and entertainment costs are all part of this list. Such a list will help you contemplate how much money is moving out of your account.
- Be sincere and cancel on your list things that are not necessary. There must be one, two or more expenses that you can eliminate. For example, just consider having coffee at home for a month and compare the cost with what you would have spent, at the coffee shop, as you head to work every morning. There must be a difference.
- If you check your expenses you will notice that most of them are incurred at your home. Try to pin point whatever it is at your house that is causing you to pay high utility bills. If it is the windows, upgrade them to lower heating costs. Look out for new, more effective technologies in the market such as the tankless water heaters. They are more efficient. Have a plumber check your water system for leakages, and repair the pipes to reduce water bills. Do not be fast to use your dishwasher unless it is full to save energy.
- Why don't you try energy efficient appliances? They are available in the malls, supermarkets and shops. To save more money on energy, make sure you unplug appliances that have light indicators if not in use.
- Talking about your home, do not forget the roof and your insulation system. Upgrade them to reduce heating expenses. This could be a bit costly but it is worth it if you are patient enough to see the results. You will save a great deal of money.
Keeping in mind the aforementioned ideas, you will improve your ability to control money, you will be able to account for every cent and save more. Repair any faulty pipes, replace appliances with better ones and you will be happy with the amount of money you will save. Find out more about managing your private finances.
The author does not allow comments to this entry